Friday, February 13, 2009

Welcome to Our Home

Welcome! I am an interior designer by heart and have created this blog not only to showcase my work but also to share projects, ideas and inspiration for your own home. Someone once told me that you know you've found your passion when you look up from what you've been doing and have lost track of time. I've been losing track of time for years when it comes to decorating and creating--beginning with frequent rearrangings of my bedroom at the age of 10! I hope you enjoy following my blog as much as I've enjoyed creating it for you. Come on in!

This bench sits in my entryway along with a few pillows--look quickly they could be different the next time you step inside! Notice the photo pillow. Below is a closer look with a few easy instructions for creating your own.

1. Find 4 digital photos to use for your pillow.

2. For a 16" pillow, resize each image so that the shortest side on each picture is 8.5" You can crop the picture into a square once it's printed.

3. Print each image onto a piece of iron-on transfer paper. (Don't forget to click mirror image.)

4. Iron each image onto a 17" x 17" piece of white cotton making sure images touch on all for center edges.

5. Sew the fabric for the back of the pillow to the photo front. Fill with a 16" pillow form and stitch such.

Now that you're in, you might as well stay a while! Make yourself at home. I'll be back soon with more photos and project ideas!










































No comments: