Monday, February 16, 2009

Plates--They're Not Just for Eating Anymore!

A while back I found this picture of an amazing wall of plates. I liked everything about it--the randomness of the plates and the organic arrangement. When we moved into our home I had the perfect wall to try this out for myself. I arranged and rearranged for days--trying to be at peace with an asymmetrical layout. I could NOT wrap my brain around it! Finally, I ditched the idea that it had to be random and realized that my brain likes symmetry. This is how my version of a wall of plates turned out.

2 comments:

Alecia said...

Love it...and I LOVE the candle sticks on the table.

leahduke said...

I love your new blog!!! That picture of your family is the cutest thing ever. I can't wait to see what is to come!!! You are aweseome.